Tuesday 26 November 2013

AS LL - STREETCAR - EXAMPLE EXTRACT PRODUCTION TASK

Imagine a brief dialogue between Eunice and Blanche at the end of Scene Three where Blanche returns to Eunice’s after her conversation with Mitch. Stella has returned to the apartment with Stanley.

[In Eunice’s apartment]
Blanche: I can’t go in there right now. He’s all over her. It’s disgusting. That animal!

Eunice: That’s alright honey! Can I get you anything, water? A glass of milk? Or something?

Blanche: Thank you. I’m so rattled, my nerves are all shot right now. I don’t suppose you have any liquor around the place do you? I hardly touch the stuff.

Eunice: Yes of course I’ve got some of Steve’s whisky. That should calm you.

[Blanche reaches out for the bottle with both hands – slightly shaking]
Blanche: Thank you for your kindness. I’ll just take one little nip for medicinal purposes, nothing else. I had a drink earlier in the evening but that’s worn off now. And besides this has been such a shock. I’ve never seen such behaviour in a man before…drunk and violent and so passionate. I don’t know how she can bare to spend a moment with him. There must be something I can do to her, especially in her condition. Did you know Stella was pregnant?