Friday 24 June 2016

Final Post

The 17 June 2016 marks the end of my A level and International Baccalaureate full time teaching at Richmond upon Thames College. And as a result this blog has come to an end.

The blog was set up primarily to help my OCR H071 - H471 AS / A2 English Literature students, my AQA 2720 AS / A2 English Language and English Literature students . These syllabuses ended in 2015 and 2016. It was also set up to help my IB A1 English Literature students.

There are about 700 posts on this blog.

I'm going to leave it online for a little while but I expect to take it offline by Christmas 2016.

I began the blog in 2011 as an experiment.

I think students have generally found it helpful.

I've just done a few calculations.

Although the blog is open to the public and there is evidence of people visiting from various parts of the world. The vast majority of visitors come from south west London in the UK.

The blog has been running for 5 years. An academic year is 36 weeks long. This adds up to 180 academic weeks. However I was absent from college for 30 weeks due to ill health over this period.

The blog has been online for that whole period of time and used by students as a learning resource; but live as a semi-interactive blog for 156 weeks. That is 1092 days.

At the time of this calculation there have been 58,566 page views.

And that works out to be 375 page views per week. Or 54 page views per day.

I've just posted all archived posts to the blog.

So the full extent of the blog is now live and online.

As I've recorded earlier. I'll leave the blog live and online probably until Christmas 2016 at the latest.


Finally here are a few comments students have made anonymously about this teaching blog.


"Take five minutes of your time TODAY! And see how it feels to get an A* grade. You won't forget it."

"Be inspired by English Language and Literature."

"This website will help you achieve the grade you want."



100 visits to this blog since it was shut down 5 days ago

If you come by I hope you enjoy browsing the posts.


With love, David