Thursday 15 November 2012

IB ENG SL YR 1 Othello - Feedback

IB ENGLISH ST
FEEDBACK – OTHELLO PARAGRAPHS

Analysis not description
Comment on the language of the quotation
Short sentences
Be concise
Formal register
Use terminology
The final sentence of your paragraph should link to the first topic sentence

Iago is presented as an evil character. He uses people to get what he wants. He will do anything to get what he wants even if he has to hurt other people to get it. In act one we get told that Iago has two sides and that he is not always what he seems to be. “But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at: I am not what I am.” In this quote he says that what he appears to be is different from the reality of his character. This makes the reader more interested in Iago because you are never quite sure what he is going to do.
110 / 91 words