Saturday 8 September 2012

AS ENGLISH LIT - BOOKS TO BUY

Here is a list of book titles and links to amazon for all the books we'll be studying this year. You need to buy Jane Eyre - [link to Play.com] by Charlotte Bronte, Spies - [link to Play.com] by Michael Frayn and Equus - [link to amazon.co.uk] by Peter Shaffer. 

Don't forget we will also be studying two short anthologies of poetry. I will supply these for you. Below is a list of the poems - I've put links to some of these poems so that you can begin to feel familiar with the poems.

Ted Hughes Anthology

The Thought Fox
Jaguar
Pike
Wind
The Horses
Hawk Roosting
[An Otter]

Emily Dickinson Anthology


258 There’s a certain Slant of light
280 I felt a Funeral, in my Brain
328 A Bird came down the Walk –
341 After great pain, a formal feeling comes –
465 I heard a Fly buzz – when I died –
494 Going to Him! Happy letter!
501 This World is not Conclusion
510 It was not Death, for I stood up
670 One need not be a Chamber – to be Haunted –
721 Behind Me – dips Eternity –
754 My Life had stood – a Loaded Gun –
986 A narrow Fellow in the Grass
1100 The last Night that She lived
1400 What mystery pervades a well!

Dickinson did not give titles to her poems. Poems are identified by first lines and numbers.